Wednesday, May 1, 2013

366. Blueberry Muffins


I don't quite know what it is about a blueberry muffin that attracts me in every coffeeshop.
I even find myself going for it in a donut shop!
Whatever its attraction is, it is unfailing.

I thought I just might ruin its concept if I give it a go at home, but it turned out just as good, if not better.
I can't remember where I picked the recipe from, as it is one of those I have written in a notebook compiled with various recipes long before I ever thought of owning a blog.



Ingredients:

For the muffin:
1/4 cup butter, soft
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 lemon, zest
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries

For the crumble:
2 Tbsp oats
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp flour
2 Tbsp butter


Method:

Preheat oven to 375F.
To make the muffins:
Beat the sugar and butter until fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla, mix in well.
Sift the flour and baking powder, and mix half of it in the egg mixture along with the zest.
Stir in the milk by hand, until incorporated.
Stir in, also by hand, the remaining half of the flour.
The mixture must be lumpy and not smooth.
Divide the batter into 12 paper-lined muffin tin (I used an ice-cream scooper to get even distribution).

To make the crumble:
Mix all the crumble ingredients together, and sprinkle the unbaked muffins with it.

Bake the muffins at 375F for 20 minutes.



 صحة و عافية

No comments: