Sunday, March 9, 2014

585. Thai Sweet Chili Sausage Rolls


One day my sister made chicken pie (from this very blog, I'll have you know) and had some puff pastry leftover.
I raided her fridge for ideas, and I found sausage in the freezer, and mustard in the fridge. Good enough for sausage rolls. But wait! There sat a jar of Thai sweet chilli sauce right next to the mustard that gave birth to an idea in my head: why not try this instead of mustard? So I did half this and half that, just to be safe, and my Goodness were they ever better than the traditional mustard version!
So that's how these delicious cuties were made to be.
*Update: my invention already exists. Again.



Ingredients:

half batch puff pastry
3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
24 cocktail sausages


Method:

Preheat oven to 420F.
Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about half a centimeter thick.
Brush the sweet chilli sauce all over the surface.
Cut the rectangle from the short side into four columns.
Place sausage at end of each column and roll to cover in a single layer.
Cut, pinch to seal, and repeat to finish all.
Place on a baking tray, brush with some beaten egg.
Bake for 20-23 minutes until golden and puffed.


صحة و عافية

No comments: